OTL by OldTimer
What is OTL by OldTimer?
OTL is a tool provided by OldTimer that shows the list of certain settings found in your computer that are widely used by malware to infect your system. OTL will scan key areas of your system's registry and various other files and folders for suspicious entries. Interpreting these results can be dicey as there are many legitimate programs that are installed in your operating system in a similar manner in which a malware gets installed. Therefore you must read the warning given below before using this program.
WARNING: OTL by OldTimer is a tool that requires advanced knowledge about Windows and operating systems in general. If you delete items that it shows, without knowing what they are, it can lead to other problems such as your Internet no longer working or problems with running Windows itself. It is therefore recommended that you should not fix anything using OTL without consulting an expert. It is also recommended that you should first scan & clean your system using an antispyware program before using OTL to fix your PC.
How to install OTL by OldTimer?
Download OTL using below given link and save it to your desktop.
- Download OTL by OldTimer
Close all open windows in your system to let OTL run uninterrupted.
- Double click on the downloaded OTL.exe. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, right click on OTL icon and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu. You will see the main screen of OTL as shown in (fig.1.1).
- Now Click on Scan All Users checkbox given at the top as shown in (fig.1.2). In the lower right corner of the top panel check LOP Check and Purity Check as shown in (fig.1.2). Now Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following lines:
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
- Now click Run Scan at top left of the OTL window and let the program run uninterrupted. The scan may take 5-10 minutes.
- After scan completion OTL will will produce two logs on your desktop, one will pop up called OTL.txt and the other will be minimized named Extras.txt. Now you can exit OTL safely.
- Now you can send these log files to any expert for analysis. In case you want us to review your log files, attach the log files to an email and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org